The Fresno Association of Mexican American Educators (AMAE) has been active in encouraging Hispanic students to pursue a college education and to assume roles of leadership in our communities. AMAE encourages Hispanic students, especially those interested in the field of education, to apply for one of our scholarships. In each school year, AMAE awards an average of twenty $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors.
STUDENTS FROM THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS MAY APPLY:
Fresno Unified, Clovis Unified, Central East/West, Firebaugh High, Fowler High, Kerman High, Mendota High, Parlier High, Riverdale High, Reedley High, Sanger High, San Joaquin Memorial High, Selma High, Tranquility High, and Washington Union High School, including schools in Fresno County.
The following criteria must be met to be considered for selection by the Fresno AMAE Scholarship Committee:
Due to Corona Virus, digital PDF Copies will be accepted for the items in BLUE.
1. Applicant Must be of Hispanic Heritage
2. Complete the AMAE Scholarship Application & checklist
3. Autobiography (one page - typed)
4. Essay (Respond to the theme (one page - typed)
5. Résumé (use a standard Résumé format)
- Clubs and Organizations
- Sports Teams
- Student Body Office Awards
- Community Service
- After School/Weekend Jobs
- Hobbies/Other Interests
6. Counselor Verification Form - (Included in Application Doc)
7. Three Letters of Recommendation - (letters from
teachers, school administrators, or community members)
8. Official High School Transcript - PDF version
* Unofficial Transcripts will be accepted at this time.
(For Unofficial Transcripts, you may submit one from your student portal, your print out should have your name visible on it.)
8. Yearbook appropriate wallet size (2.5 x 3.5) photo
9. Complete the online portion of the Application.
You may need a Google Account to complete
How to Submit your APPLICATION
New AMAE Online Application Link
AMAE Digital App
Applications will be considered up thru
Friday, March 26th
For More Information Contact
Diana Rodriquez, (559) 906-1919
Scholarships by Mail
Address Application to:
Fresno AMAE Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 529
Fresno, CA 93709-0529
Digital Application Checklist and Counselor Verification Form